CLAYSS team continues to offer webinars and online conferences during pandemic times
Starting the new academic year, CLAYSS continues its participation in conferences, webinars and several events in virtual modality. Service-Learning continues—more than ever—as a source of inspiration and transformation.
• 16/04/2021. Virtual Conference on Service-Learning organized by Lima town council, Peru, in collaboration with CLAYSS. Alejandro Gimelli, CLAYSS School Support Programme Coordinator, participated in live streaming from Argentina to introduce and discuss the topic under the current circumstances. Watch the conference here [in Spanish]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqod1UBTVik
• 20/04/2021. Prof. Nieves Tapia, Director of CLAYSS, participated in the webinar organized by the Spanish NGO Educo on "Aprendizaje-servicio y prevención de la violencia [Service-Learning and Violence Prevention]." The full report by the NGO [in Spanish] may be download at the following link: https://educowebmedia.blob.core.windows.net/educowebmedia/educospain/media/docs/publicaciones/2021/como-vivir-juntas-informe-completo.pdf
• 21/04/2021. Webinar organized by the Education Department of the Council of Europe, in collaboration with the Private Technical University of Loja (UTPL). Here the book "El sistema de educación superior y la pandemia Covid-19 [The Higher Education System and the Covid-19 Pandemic]" was presented for Latin America. This publication explores the responses to the pandemic mainly in Europe, but with contributions from America, Africa and Asia. Nieves Tapia, Director of CLAYSS; Sjur Bergan, Head of the Education Department of the Council of Europe; Santiago Acosta, UTPL Rector; and Giorgio Marinoni, Manager of HE Internationalization Policy and Projects at the International University Association participated in the meeting. Ronaldo Munck, Head of the Centre for Engaged Research at the Dublin City University, was the moderator. Watch the conference here [in Spanish]: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1172861206496928&ref=watch_permalink and download the book here: https://rm.coe.int/prems-006821-eng-2508-higher-education-series-no-25/1680a19fe2
• 22/04/2021. Alejandra Herrero y Nieves Tapia (CLAYSS) offered a Workshop on ethics, sustainable development and global citizenship. Francisco Arenas-Dolz, Yolanda Ruiz Ordoñez, José Luis García Martínez and Agustín Domingo Moratalla also participated. This activity is funded by the Vice-Chancellor of Internationalization and Cooperation of the University of Valencia (UV) in the framework of the UNESCO Chair call for actions concerning Education for Development, Global Citizenship and Awareness for the academic year 2020-2021. More information in Spanish]: https://www.facebook.com/catedra.scholas.3
• 29/04/2021. Online conference "Replanteando la relación entre la Universidad y las organizaciones sociales: retos de la evaluación del aprendizaje servicio solidario en Chile, Argentina y México [Rethinking the relationship between University and social organizations: challenges of service-learning evaluation in Chile, Argentina and Mexico]." Enrique Ochoa (Executive Director of CLAYSS),Chantal Jouannet Valderrama (Pontifical Catholic University of Chile), and Monserrat Quiroga (UDEM–University of Monterrey, Mexico) participated in the meeting. Moderator: Adriana Reynaga (UNAM–National Autonomous University of Mexico). Host: International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR). More information [in Spanish]: https://www.istr.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1505283